Tuesday, September 4

Warm Walnut Muffins with Chocolate Chips


Today was a muffin-making day. Thanks to my beloved, P, we invested* in two muffin tins, so I had double the fun. The first one was this little lovely with chocolate chips and walnuts.

This makes 1 dozen.

2 c flour
2/3 c brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c milk
8 tbs. (1 stick) of butter, melted and cooled
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c chocolate chips
1 c walnuts, roughly chopped

Heat oven to 400o  F and grease a muffin pan or place paper liners into each slot.

Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, powder and salt) in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl (or large measuring cup), mix the milk, butter, egg and vanilla together.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Then, add your chocolate chips and walnuts.

Use a cookie scoop to divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups, and bake for about 20 min or until they are golden brown and a tester poked into the center comes out clean.

Feel free to switch out the nuts (or omit them completely) or chocolate chips (the recipe actually called for white chocolate...). It's a yummy muffin basic that'll feed Jameson on tired mornings when neither of us feel like waking up to make something. Plus, warm walnuts just remind me of fall. :)


Another actual picture of the one I made--not something I normally do, but I just want to prove how easy it is and how great they turn out.

*When I say invested, I mean "spent $14 at Home Goods".

No comments:

Post a Comment