Friday, September 20

Blackened Chili-Rubbed Salmon


We have been eating a lot of delicious salmon curtesy of my mom and Jon's Alaskan trip and superior fishing skills. I still have the favorite recipe I brought back from my trip, but this one is a wonderful alternative way to cook that perfect pink fish.

salmon (1 1/2 lbs or 4 pieces)
1 1/2 tbs chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt

Mix your spices in a small bowl, then pat over both sides of your fish. Grill until flakey and cooked through (4-5 min/side), and enjoy!

* If you can’t or don’t want to grill it, you can bake it at 450 F for 10-15 min.

PS. I love leftovers of this fish on whole wheat sandwiches with leafy greens and loads of mayonase. You can also shred it up and top a salad with it. Feeling healthy already, aren't you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment