Wednesday, December 21

Beauty Buys--December


Chestnuts might be roasting on an open fire, but if Jack Frost is nipping at your nose, at least you can keep the rest of you looking good. Here are a few of my winter favorites this month.


Carmex's Vanilla Stick: Anyone who has ever used Carmex has since become addicted to chapstick. It's just that amazing. Well prepare yourselves for their newest addict-enabling product: the Vanilla Stick. It's the same thick, smooth, and quality Carmex that I love, but now in a yummy vanilla-scented flavor. And it comes in stick form, which I feel much more sanitary about than dipping my finger into a small ceramic tub of it. Plus, this one has extra sun protection--which is just as important in the winter as it is in the summer months. Jk bought this about a month ago, and I borrow it constantly.


Anthropologie's "My One True Glove" Gloves: I actually got these last Christmas, and I haven't seen them in stores since. And I actually lost this pair just a couple days go, and a single glove from my other adorable pair: "Gloves Me, Gloves Me Not." But, alas, here they are still on my list, because I'm crazy about them. The gloves are pretty generic--though a nice wool. But the best part about these is the witty little saying across the wrists. Now I just need a cheap pair of gloves and a fabulous friend with an embroidery machine... 


OPI's "Comet Loves Cupid" Nail Polish: Any bright red nail polish is a must for December with it's wonderful ripe-holly berry and Christmasy feel. I got this one for Christmas last year from my step-mom and love the vivid shade. I have another version in sparkley red as well, but I like how this one comes off  with remover so easily (sometimes you have to scrub the sparkles off with the other one). 


Quaker Oat's Old Fashioned Oatmeal: I blogged about this in the summer, and I'm even more obsessed with it six months later. After a devastating change to my traditional face wash, I switched to using Quaker Oats to wash my face... and it is amazing! Especially in the cold, wintery months, the way the oatmeal leaves your face feeling soft and nourished is incredible. If you haven't already, pick up a container of oats. And, hey, if it doesn't work out, you can always eat it for breakfast on a snowy morning!

Stay toasty warm and looking lovely! :) And have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment